Submitted: 10-01-1999 by BNR

The good: Overall I agree with the other reviews...the Magellan is a relatively fast, responsive, and fun boat. The controlled leans are unbelievable...it really can carve some nice turns, yet it tracks straight as an arrow. It does have a tendancy to weathercock. I have yet to paddle it on big open water and fully loaded. I paddle on the Mississippi often and the Magellan handles the river, the current, and the boat wake with ease.

The bad: My "electronically welded" bulkheads leak...not enough to be a safety hazzard, but it's annoying. Also at 62 lbs....the Magellan is a bit of a load. I can get it on/off my SUV alone (thanks to the Yakima Sweet Roll) and carry it to the water, but it's a chore (and a decent workout).

The ugly: Doesn't apply...It has pretty clean lines for a plastic boat, and Dagger's done a nice job of getting away from the "tupperware" look. The blue and white swirls in my boat are really cool.