Submitted: 04-21-2004 by MicProem
I believe this design has been discontinued for some time now. I bought one and my paddling buddy got one too. We paddled the Southeastern rivers from Atlanta in these boats for many years. The Chattogga, section III & IV and the Ocoee mostly, but many others as well, They are great boats for places like section IV, pooling river with a lake to cross at the end. We ran these boats through "Five Falls" on section IV (5 class 4-5 rapids in a row) many times.

These boats underwent about the toughest treatment you can imagine in those often shallow rocky rivers. My friend got a little left of Launching Pad, in Sockem Dog (last and probably the toughest rapid). He hit Hankerchief rock (because it has broken the nose of so many boats) so hard that both thwarts broke and he and the saddle he had between those thwarts flew over Hamkerchief rock. Watching him float past the eddy below still sitting in his saddle, with his boat tagging along behind will always be at the top of my paddling list of memories.

I lent mine to two women who entered it in a race on the Chattahochee River starting at the headwaters, crossing the lakes and ending up in Atlanta, 60 or so miles I believe. They did great, one of them ended up buying it when I switched to Kayaks. Its my understanding that both boats are still making trips with their second set of owners.

I don't guess I could bring myself to say much negative about a boat that proved itself so many times in so many ways.