Submitted: 04-19-2004 by lees

Why Islander discontinued this model I really don't know, lots of storage space, a nice high and dry seat that's still well balanced, good initial and secondary stability,I can sit on it sideways with my feet in the water. big forward hatch that I can drop my kayak wheels in ,tank well generously made and room to install another hatch on the stern. took it out in 20 knot winds and 1-2ft chop and while it took a lot of spray and waves over the bow the seat remained dry. The bow is kind of blunt, while quiet it's wetter than most, why islander didn't put the moku's bow on this boat I don't know. the other paddlers with me had hobies and were really taking on no spray over the bow. generous legroom ,easy to move about on and i paddled it stern first with great sucess,was drier and faster backwards!since it's so long it takes a few extra strokes to turn.cup holder perfectly placed could use a paddle keeper but thats easily installed yourself.A WINNER! the moer expert kayakers tell me it has poor preformance But I'm not as serious as them ,recommend it!