Submitted: 04-12-2004 by thepalins

I recently bought a royalex rendevous and what a fun boat to paddle it is. In the beginning I to thought the seat was in the wrong place because occasionaly I would have trouble betting the front end to respond to bow strokes. I moved the seat back an inch and that didnt seem to help because while it made the front end lighter I lost some reach while doing bow strokes. So then I moved the seat an inch forward of the stock position and the front responded better but that made the stern to light and harder to control. I think the boat could use a little less rocker in the back to make it more controlable. I moved the seat back to the original position and now that ive gotten more used to it she does fine.However this boat is a blast to paddle once you get used to it Ive found that if you do vertical strokes or use a c-stroke it will track very nicely you just have to be aware of how much your leaning it. She moves along easily turns on a dime when you want it too and has the best speed of any royalex boat that ive paddled so far. If I was going to have only one boat this would be it for paddling rivers although I would go Kevlar because I'm spoiled.