Submitted: 04-07-2004 by marcinot2004
This was the first kayak I purchased and I bought it more because of its size and cost. The bottom line is that it is what it is and not meant for any kind of long distance paddling. If you're going to go short distances or fishing in a small lake or stream, then this is the kayak for you. However, when I tried to use it long distance on the Connecticut River, I was unable to keep up with my kayaking buddies who all had longer, better tracking kayaks. Also, at the end of the day when I was coming back and struggling with the current, I found the Frenzy flopping on top of the river. As a result, I ended up selling my Frenzy to a guy who was looking for something small for his young son. I'm sure it will be put to good use. As for me, I just purchased a Scupper Classic (the Frenzy's big brother) and I can't wait to get it in the water.