Submitted: 09-28-1999 by samelnyk
This review pertains to the HV model. An interesting boat. I bought this for my birthday, so I decided to splurge and get the kevlar/graphite version. First of all, the workmanship is excellent. This is a beautiful boat that looks "just right." Second, it is light (45 pounds). Third, it fits me beautifullly. I am 6' 2.5" and 230. This is a boat that can be leaned easily and wonderfully. However, it is more "tippy" than the other boats that I own (a Merlin XT and a Dagger Magellan). You have to do some work to get used to it. That is the stage that I am in. I am working with it and I can see the strengths of this boat. This boat does well in choppy water (as long as you get over the medium initial stability). My only complaint is that it should have been rated as a medium (not high) initial stability and a high secondary stability. Overall, this is a great boat and one that I will not outgrow for a while.

BassYaks: