Submitted: 04-02-2004 by Eyore

I have purchased three Harken Hoisters so far. Two are securing my two 17' Current Design Sea Kayaks to the ceiling of my garage and the third, and most impressive, is holding our 130lb. Laser sail boat hull. I have a great sense of comfort knowing my kids bicycles won't fall on our kayaks, no one will 'accidently' bump the hulls with the lawnmower or that mice will make their winter home in the bulheads. I'm also grateful (and so is my back) that I don't have to struggle to get our Laser up onto a storage rach or move it around the garage.

As other reviewers say, installation takes some time but when you compare it to the time you'll save not moving the boats around in the garage like you used to have to to make room for bikes and lawnmowers, it's worth it. I just ordered two more hoisters for my road bikes. A great product that, while expensive, is worth it.