Submitted: 03-31-2004 by Gary

Ive had my Tahiti for a bit over a year. My first trip out, like others have said, the thing kept doing doughnuts. I was beginning to think, Well it was cheap and the kids will enjoy playing in it. A few days latter my skeg arrived and what a difference. No, it doesnt track or go as fast as one of my 15 dive kayaks but it does an ok job. I really like that both of my kids can sit up front while I paddle around. Another thing I really like about the Tahiti is that on a nice day, after Ive been paddling awhile, I can lay back with my head on the inflatable seat and let the breeze push be along. Try that in a hard kayak.

Ive actually bought a second Tahiti for my wife. Now we can take the whole family out on the water in two boats and for less than $300. Best feature to me is that 2 boats, PFDs, pump and skegs all fit in one Rubbermaid container. Its a lot easier to toss it in the back of the van or in the tent trailer than strapping boats to the top of the car. Each boat weighs 25#.

Be sure to get the Skeg if you want to go in a straight line.