Submitted: 03-29-2004 by SM

I recently bought the Pungo 140, and while it is a nice little rec boat, I did NOT like the Phase 3 seat. It is very adjustable, but not well padded on the bottom, and the padding doesn't go back far enough to pad under the tail bone, at least not while sitting upright. After about an hour it was very uncomfortable. The next time we went out my wife used the Pungo and had the same discomfort. She got some relief by folding a towell to soften the area where there's just plastic. Just sitting in the boat for a few minutes in a store, like I did, is definitely not a good way to test a seat. As for the boat itself, it's the same good quality as the two Wilderness Systems sit-on-tops that my wife and I have paddled for years. Their plastic boats are on the heavy side, but strong, sturdy and almost indestructible. The Phase 3XP seat used in some of their touring boats has addressed the padding problem and appears to have great padding further back for the butt bone.