Submitted: 03-18-2004 by dzager

Got my Pungo beginning of March. My criteria was I had to fit it in my enclosed trailer (with all my windsurfing gear) - so had to be 11 feet or shorter. The Pungo is VERY comfortable - seating and stability make you want to stay in the boat. My GPS says I go 3.7 MPH with smooth curising stroke, and top out close to 5 MPH if I beat up the water. Enough speed to get back up river in current. The boat tracks well - so even if your stroke is not technically sound you can hold a line. Turning is improved with leaning. My biggest criticism would be that even small wind driven waves are coming in the cockpit - a spray skirt (even the mini-skirt) is a good idea. I added bungie cord to secure the rear hatch. Doesn't have the effortless curise and glide of a sea kayak - but it is so comfortable and easy to use. Great family boat for a wide variety and size of user.