Submitted: 03-01-2004 by ibmikie

I rented the OK Caper today. I would have to say this is the best fishing kayak in the 11' range. The Caper has a very roomy cockpit. I am 6' tall and 210 lbs, and there is plenty of room to spare. The Caper is a very stable kayak. I had no problem sitting sideway and extending my legs straight out. The front hatch is huge, but the bow is very low volume, so you really can't store much inside. The tankwell deep, but a little on the small side. The Capers tracking is ok. takes a little effort to hold a course. As for speed, I tested it with GPS, you be the judge. Cruzing speed in all directions 2.8-3.2 knots (3.2-3.7 MPH). Max speed (all out)was 3.6-4.2 knots (4.2-4.9 MPH) wind were 10 to 15 from the west. All in all a good fishing kayak. I prefer the WS tarpon 120. It felt faster and tracked much better. The Caper would be my second choice. A great Kayak for calm bays and lakes. If your looking for a kayak that offers the most, but storage and transporting is a problem, then this might be the one for you.