Submitted: 02-23-2004 by LFMucha

I purchased new in April 1998. I live near Mississippi and it has been used there a 3-10 times each year. I have had it to boundary waters for 3-5 day excursions five or six times. I weigh 200 pounds and daughter pushes 140. We traveled with boundary waters tandem with full packs and the canoe handled load with no problems. Likewise, I had had solo boundary water trips with full pack and no problem. As the reviews and literature claim, this boat glides through the water wonderfully. I was novice when I purchased it, and experienced no tipping or stability problems while teaching my self how to canoe. My is Tuf-weave construction and has held up to boundary waters travels very well – the heavy Gel-coat paint job gets scratched, but no damage to reinforcement layers. I feel Wenonah is short changing themselves by only listing this as competition model when it trips so well. And you should have seen the nice bass that I caught out of it last summer….