Submitted: 02-18-2004 by Andrew Klinzmann

I own a 2000 sealskin Klondike. I got the boat thinking to use it as my primary single, with the option of a double with my wife. But beware! Fitted out as a single seater, this boat is just a bit too much to handle. The single seat is placed well, and the single spray deck works just fine. But the boat is (in my opinion) just too large and beamy to adequetely handle solo. (Maybe I am too used to my K-1?) Also, when loaded with just basic day-tripping gear, it is far too large to man-handle in and out of the water. I am 6' 205 lbs, and just got tired horsing this boat around solo. As a double it is fantastic, though. If considering this boat, do not think of it as a solo boat; it's too big for that! I sold it to a friend who is 6' 2" and 275 lbs and strong; he fits it far better and has no problem paddling it solo.