Submitted: 02-18-2004 by Andrew Klinzmann

I own 3 Feathercraft kayaks. A older Cordura deck K-Light, a 1996 Cordura deck K-1 and a 2000 sealskin Klondike. The K-1 is just the best all around boat there is. I have used it on Canada's West coast, and in numerous rivers in the prairies. Very shallow draft allows this boat to river trip where canoes can't go! The old style frame design is, in my opinion, much stronger than the newer design. As for being slow to build, I have modified the seat sling with 2 huge YKK zippers, which allow the seat sling to be installed AFTER the boat has been fully put together. This makes assembly much easier and faster. All in all, this boat is first class. Stable, huge carrying capacity, and the finest materials money can buy. Feathercraft offers after-sales support second to none. Buy one of these boats, you won't be sorry.