Submitted: 02-16-2004 by DaveO1
I have flex core with aluminum gunwales, 44 lbs. I’ve done 4-7 day trips at Lowes Lake, Raquette River- Long Lake- Raquette Falls, and the three Saranac Lakes. I like the tractor seat and foot bar: comfortable and gives great leverage. You should probably not take her in any real whitewater, and she is stable enough seated, so why would you ever want to kneel? Sit and Switch. This baby moves. I noted other reviewers’ concern for the wind. I did not have a problem, but then again, she is fast enough that I get where I am going before the afternoon winds. I did face a day-long gale on Middle Saranac Lake and I was OK into the wind. Stable enough for comfortable fishing. The funky detachable yoke is serviceable enough. Carried a week’s worth of supplies no problemo. I plan to sell her only because I have a fear of commitment (or so they say) and just want to try out a different design.