Submitted: 02-16-2004 by Lazlo
I posted previously in Sept of 2002. At that time I was in love with my boat but not with Azul. In all the time since my post I have never heard back from them. However, I may have found the problem with my leaking boat. I had to have the rear deck repaired after a windstory placed a tree directly on it. I learned some things about the boat recently when I had to get it fixed.

One is that it was hard to match the color and I had to settle for a white, kind of "racing" stripe where the patch was because the new color would not match up well. I was told that the boat faded so the original color would be no help. Additionally that paint was "toxic" and it would cost a lot to get it across the border from Canada.

However I was told several times over just how well made the boat was and that the fibreglass was incredibly well done. The hulls on my glass boat are reinforced with Kevlar and the matting they use adds a lot of strength without adding weight. I got kudos all around for the quality of the workmanship.

However, when the seat was removed to have the repairs done, my mechanic looked up from inside and saw two holes, one about 3/16 of an inch on a place that the skirt would not cover. This should have been, I believe, epoxyed so there would be no holes. It makes sense that this would be where I felt that cold water hit my legs as it probably ran across top of the outside of the seat to my thigh. The holes could not be seen until the seat was removed.

I have yet to test this in the water but to you who have a leak problem, you may want to look into that to see if it is common for Azul to have made this mistake. I have since put many miles on this boat and I love it as much as the day I got it. I can not say as much for the company.