Submitted: 02-11-2004 by ibmikie

The Tarpon 120 is my favorite SOT to date. rented one for a half day today. I was very impressed with the details. Excellent storage capabilites for a 12' kayak. The Tarpon 120 comes standard with a large bow hatch, and two small day hatches, and a very large tank well. The paddle restraints on either side is a nice touch. My favorite detail is the deep foot wells with adjustable foot pegs, makes for a very comfortable ride. I also like the lack of scupper holes in the seat, keeps the ride dry. The only down side I experienced is water washing over the bow more often than on other brands. Speed seamed to be on par with my Necky Spike, tracking vs turning seems well balanced. This would be an excellent diving/fishing platform. So far I have paddled OK Scrambler XT, OK Prowler, Necky Spike, Cobra Explorer, and Cobra Fish n Dive. My next rental will be the OK Caper. If The Caper doesn't blow me away, then I will be purchasing the Tarpon 120