Submitted: 09-22-1999 by Kevin

I demoed a 1 year old Passage, and found a mix of features & problems. I liked the weight/length combo - at about 50lb and 15', easy enough to haul around by yourself from water to car & back. Good room in the cockpit - standard #2 sprayskirt fits it, but good leg room, and easy to adjust footpegs (uses strap accessible while sitting). However, I found the boat to be very manuverable - i.e. - didn't track as well as I'd like, even with the skeg down. I was in a very slow moving river, and could tell when I entered the current each time - boat would swing into it. Turns on a dime, though. Also, the cockpit rim is framed with a added on "lip" affixed from the inside edge with rivets, and was already loose - kind of cheap look and feel to that part of the boat. A good boat at 15', but I prefered the Cape Horn - better tracking. A 7!