Submitted: 02-09-2004 by ibmikie

I rented the Prowler kayak today, and was very impressed. Much faster than the SOTs I am use to renting. At 16', and 65lb, it's a very large kayak. This would be a great fishing platform, the best I have seen. The Prowler is the big brother to the Scupper pro TW. Some improvements over the SP, are a much larger tank well, larger cockpit, built in flush rod holders, set up for a optional rudder, and in my opinon a faster crusing speed. paddles like a sink. I took it out past the getty at Mission Bay. I found myself in the middle of some large converging boat wakes, and felt completely comfortable, very stable kayak. The only down side to the Prowler for me, is the size. A little to much boat for me. I am looking for something smaller to store and transport. If you have the storage, don't buy anything else, until you try this kayak.

Swift Canoe & Kayak: