Submitted: 02-05-2004 by redmond
I've got a Sirocco and its an outstanding kayak. I generally do flat water, but I had it in some good sized swells in Lake Michigan and it really shined. Found out that its a better boat than I am a paddler! I would go into those swells and get nervous, it would just ride through them. Maneuverability is very good. If you want better tracking, drop the skeg. I would rate the initial stability as moderate and the secondary as high. Its very easy to lean and that secondary stability gives me a lot of reassurance on edge. It feels like its very efficient at cruising speeds, i.e, low effort. This is at 3.5 to 4.5 mph. Above 5 or 5.5, I feel like I've hit the wall, but that might be a problem with the motor!. The only objection that I have is that the cockpit feels so big. Small price to pay for a good boat. I also like the lower fore deck. It doesn't feel so cavernous.

New York Kayak Co.: