Submitted: 02-02-2004 by Kelly Watson

It looks like I am the only person to post here that uses these in a commercial setting. I run a canoe based guide service in TX and use 2 of these quite often on very rocky and shallow rivers. The upside is that they are very stable and can hold 3 people on flat water. I do alot of standing, while looking for fish in clear water and they are perfect for it.They will hold an amzing amount of gear, but when loaded down it is a barge to paddle. I use a double bladed kayak paddle to push mine with and it helps alot over the singles. Downside is the obvious weight issue that could be solved with rattan seats and removal of the center console. The seats are a detriment to the entire rig; in that the peg leg that supports the seat creates a rub point on the bottom of the hull. It will be the first place a hole will develop, but I must admit it took a long time to rub all the way through. The front seat is too far forward and it restricts footroom for the front passenger. These are good, cheap canoes that can really take a beating, but if you need a sleak boat for one person keep looking.