Submitted: 01-20-2004 by betsy

We purchased our Spirits this past summer across the border in Canada . Our family has a fleet of kayaks for family gatherings on the St. Lawrence River, many of them are Spirits. We find them very comfortable, incredibly stable and exceptionally lightweight. We have had many people stop us and comment on them and so far, everyone that has tried one has gone and purchased one(seriously) . I am so addicted to mine that almost everyday throughout the summer and fall, I loaded up and headed out. Oh yes, they are also very affordable. The downside-they are no longer sold in the states, even after pleading with the company! There also is some water taken on in heavy waves, but is easily drained. I have not found any other company that carries a design similar to the Spirit. We'll just keep heading over the border, I guess.