Submitted: 01-16-2004 by akgladesman

I have hundreds of hours in my coho and have throughly enjoyed it. Thigh braces added alot of controll to the boat as down hip padding. I find that it does weather cok some in heavy winds but that may be from the location of my rescue/survial bag. I put a kevalar srip along the keel and coated the bottom with graphite/expoxy coating and this makes it possible to slide across rocks whem entering the water with no damage. Don't build one if you don't like to talk to people because you'll get lots of questions. I find that the initial stability to be tremendous as I load in off of docks and can swing both legs over one side and exit on to a sand bar or beach. The wooden hull makes for a very stiff hull especially compared to any of the other composite's that I have loaded. A rudder would be nice about 5% of the time when you have high quatering winds and the waves start getting over 3 foot. I find thet boat to be very predicatable and fun to go out and play in in rough seas. The large cockpit makes for quick and easy wet exit reentrys and the recessed cockpit makes it easy to eskimo roll.