Submitted: 01-14-2004 by scooter01

I've had my Gulfstream for about 3 years now. I agree with other reviewers, it fits me well, I love paddling it and have tried many other boats, but always came back to the Gulfstream. On a 5 day trip in October, I ran into my first problem. We encountered heavey winds and 3-4 foot seas. The boat handled terrific. the boat had a tendency to plunge into the water. When we finally made it to land, the front hatch had leaked. I had about 2 inches of water in the bow. Luckily everything was in dry bags or I would have been sleeping in a wet down sleeping bag. On the last day we encountered following seas. Once again, when we landed the rear hatch had leaked and the water intake was worse. Everything was packed below the hatch line, but the leaks continued. Even on day trips, if I encounter any rough seas, I find water has invaded my hatch. That's the only negative I have about the boat.