Submitted: 01-09-2004 by Joe Phelan

I purchased a Kevlar two seater (with front slider seat) with black aluminum trim about 2 years ago. I am usually doing 2 person canoe/camping trips on flat-water (Iowa) rivers with lots of gear. After many years of rental aluminum canoes, I purchased an Old Town Discovery 169 about six years ago. Extremely durable but heavy, not so stable when loaded light. After getting the Quietco, I couldn't believe the improvement. Much more stable regardless of load. Almost as much flexibility in rough/rocky water and so far, excellent durability. Most suprising of all was the improvement in paddling efficiency. The same work results in substantially faster speeds and more distance covered. Maneuverability is better, too. Tons of room inside. Pricey but you do get what you pay for. The 52 lb. weight should extend my canoeing career well into my old age (I hope!) Highest marks!