Submitted: 12-31-2003 by Daveesq

This is my third kayak in the 2 years since I have started kayaking, each progressively bigger than the last. My first 2 were the Sierra and America, so I had a good idea of what the Carolina 160 would be like, however, it went beyond all expectations. Being used to recreational boats I was leary of a touring boat with thigh braces, but, I found that it was incrediby steady and I picked up on the use of the braces very quickly.

I am also larger than most, so the room was necessary, and I found it to be more than enough, even though much smaller than the recreational kayaks. I cannot see myself going back to recreational kayak again, the boat is that much better. The storage space on this baot is generous, giving plenty of room for supplies for a summer camping trip.

I highly reccomend this boat to any larger paddlers (height and/or weight) and to any looking for a little more room in the cockpit of a touring kayak.