Submitted: 12-31-2003 by EPK

I bought my Adventure XL 160 last spring. It is my first solo kayak. (I have used a Loon 160T for a few years.) I donít have a lot of experience in kayaks, but I really like this one. It is very stable, has a roomy cockpit, and plenty of room for camping equipment. The boat is very stable, and tracks well without a rudder. On a three-day trip last summer I had the boat loaded with gear. The first day was very windy, a 20-25 mph steady headwind, with 2í waves. The boat rode the waves with no problem. At no point did I feel the least bit concerned with stability, rolling, or spinning. I was surprised that it tracked as well as it did. A rudder would have been nice to have, but I really didn't have a problem without one. That day was a real test of the hatch covers, as they were being constantly splashed and soaked by the waves. When we landed, the hatches were bone dry. The hatch covers are a little hard to get on and off, especially when they are stiff from the cold. I was a little concerned with the seat as it is molded plastic with no padding, but I found it to be very comfortable. I would highly recommend this kayak to anyone looking for a stable, reliable, predictable, solid, well-built kayak. Itís a little on the heavy side, or Iíd rate it a 10.