Submitted: 12-29-2003 by jcpeters46

This is my 3rd season with the Gannet, I concur completely w/the criticisms of the other kayakers. Hand grabs are fine for hauling, but I like to secure my bow and stern for hi-way travel, and find these don't inspire confidence, augmented bow with a more substantial tie down. Necky should beef up the floatation, for liability purposes as well as safety. This is still a good performing boat, have used it on the Hudson, and Long Island Sound as well as numerous lakes and ponds, and found it to perform well in a myriad of conditions. I use it for fishing and find it to be very stable both spin and fly fishing. I have never dumped her by accident or design and feel very confident in her ability to get me home. Tracks well, something I didn't find in other yaks I tested. The skeg is an added bonus, not always found in kayaks of similar lgth and wgt. Overall I give the Gannet high marks.