Submitted: 12-29-2003 by Flakester-Man

My Eclipse is the only kayak I've ever owned, and I've had it for 2 seasons now. I think it's great. It's a plastic jobby and I'd rather had bought the lighter version, but hey, what can you do? I'm relatively poor. But besides loading issues (my back is getting old and I always paddle alone) I've had absolutely NO problems or concerns with this boat at all. There's plenty of room for beer (and food when necessary) and I've found it to be very stable both on calm waters and when things get crazy. Like I said I'm totally an amateur, but this boat allowed me to learn how to handle myself on moderately "rough" waters (2-3 foot Lake Michigan waves) the first time I was out ever, and it felt very stable. I like this boat more than I do my wife!

Anyway I gave it only 8 out of 10 because I don't feel qualified to give it a ten because it's the only boat I've ever paddled - but otherwise I'd have given it a ten!