Submitted: 12-10-2003 by Halfapaddle

After paddling a Mohawk XL13 for while and a Cedar Chestnut Prospector, I was looking for a boat that I could run some solid class III and still be able to paddle in a straight line. I test drove a Nova Craft Supernova on Labor day weekend and purchased one that same day. I bought the royalex layup because of the water (or should I say rocks) that I paddle. Installed a Mohawk Saddle and thigh strap, flotation and just for fun replaced the ash thwarts and handles with cherry. The boat looks great and performs even better. It's quick into and eddie and surfs better than any kayak I've ever paddled. It's a fun play boat and yet this past October paddled "easily ?" into a strong headwind on Shoshone lake in Yellowstone. It's a perfect hull for my use and with a few minor outfitting changes fits well in the fleet While it lacks the high volumn front and rear of some of the other solo ww boats, it takes class III stuff in stride and still tracks well on the open stretches.... bottom line...no regrets... I'd buy one again without hesitation.