Submitted: 12-08-2003 by tschuck
Update review. After many trips in this recreational kayak, I have a better feel for what to talk about. It tracks straight in cross winds and is highly maneuverable, turns 180 with only 4 strokes. Reasonably fast with both rowers. Creates a decent bow and stern wave when it really gets going! Easy entry-exit. Our put-in requires lowering the kayak over an embankment into the water about 1-2 feet below you (into 2 feet of water), then stepping in. Same in reverse for exit. Sometimes we rig up a bungee cord system to the shoreline to hold the boat in place if the current is strong. Due to its hull design it is exceptionally stable, (notice in the picture how the bottom of the bow is deeper than the rest of the boat) even while standing to exit. My 15 year old son has been known to stand up whever I let him paddle in the rear seat. Dont even realize he's standing until he tells me. (of course this doesn't earn him any merit badges with dad) Ample storage in dry hatch. A little heavy to carry. Its easier for 1 person to grab the inside rail and one-arm it, than for two people to use the carry straps, but it does take two to load on the car.