Submitted: 12-08-2003 by Rob

I initially thought that these were going to be the end to my hassels for transporting my boats... little did I know or was I ever advised by the dealer what a job they would do on the gel coat to three of my favourite boats including a custom wood and kevlar kayak. In just one season I am going to have to redo the sides of the boats due to skuffing and damage caused by the racks and this is after making sure that the boats are alway cleaned prior to transporting. Yakama should not have sold these units without some type of cover or cushion...it is just careless and should not be tolerated. I am so upset with the company that I have no purchased a Tule J model and will be selling the Yakama ones although I have modified them now with neoprene to cover the hard plastic so at least the next owner doesn't have to suffer thru the anxiety of seeing their new boats damafed by this product.