Submitted: 12-08-2003 by Bob

I am a class 4 white water kayaker, but I do a lot of flat water kayaking, and I just love my Stikine for the flat water. I cruise along in lakes at about 4 miles per hour. I'm a hunter and fisherman, and I bring a lot of gear, and the stikine is great for that. I read one post that said you can't surf in a Stikine, but I found a small wave on a river a class 1 river I was exploring and I surfed it just fine. I was even carving back and forth. Today, I was thinking about taking it down the Lochsa this spring to see how it handles. I originally bought this boat for multi-day self contained white water trips, but I never used it for that purpose and it just sat unused for about 2 years, but now I take it out all the time for my flat water hunting and fishing trips. I just don't have any negative things to say about it. Granted, if I go to a destination play hole, I'll leave the Stikine at home and take my play boat.