Submitted: 12-02-2003 by jeepguy2

I had never been in a kayak until last summer when I bought my Pungo 140 from Appomattox Sports in Yorktown, VA. I did not know anything about kayaks and the very knowledgeable sales staff at this store recomended the Pungo saying that it was very stable and ideal for a beginner. I sat in it as well as several kayaks by other manufacturers and was so impressed by how comfortable the Phase 3 seat is compared to the molded plastic seats in other boats that I bought it on the spot. I tossed it on top of the Jeep and headed straight to the river to get it wet. I was amazed at how stable the boat was. The wind off of the Chesapeake Bay picked up and whipped the shallow river into whitecaps and I started getting nervous, but this kayak cut through the 2' chop like a knife and I stayed pretty dry without a spray skirt.

The Pungo 140 is also a great looking kayak, and I have had several powerboaters including a guy in a million dollar sportfisher throttle back to ask me what kind of Kayak I was paddling.

I would highly reccomend this kayak to anyone whether they are an experienced paddler or a beginer. I would have to say this kayak is one of the best purchases that I have ever made. it is a great value for the money.