Submitted: 11-25-2003 by voodoochilesrv

I own a Renegade fitted as a fishing kayak, and I love it. The kayak is light enough for easy lifting and transport. My specific model is a drab green color and perfectly matches the waters that I generally fish in south Texas; I've even had large lake gar and bass swim under the kayak like it wasn't even there. Some of the accessories include a paddle holder, anchor and cleat, rod holder, and d-hooks over the storage areas for tackle boxes etc... I purchased the boat as a package at a local Houston fishing and tackle store for less than $500, and that even included the paddle, custom seat, anchor, tether strap, and the above mentioned accessories. I think I got one hell of a deal. The craft is fast and fairly stable for anyone with the slightest sense of balance. I fish mainly freshwater but have had the Renegade in saltwater many times, including Galveston Bay and the surrounding saltwater flats and barrier islands. As long as the water's not too choppy, you'll do OK. I've never put stoppers in the scupper holes because the waters around my locale are generally warm year round, but that is always an option for those of you in cooler climates. Do yourself a favor and check out this model!