Submitted: 11-24-2003 by C. Doubleday

I purchased my Pungo in February '03 at Canoesport Outfitters in Indianola, Iowa. I have used it quite a bit this year. It has been on all kinds of lakes and rivers in various states, and handles quite well. I liked it so much, that I just bought another one for my girlfriend. They are an extremely stable boat, and the Phase 3 seats are very comfortable. I even managed to run through some Class II-III rapids without too much trouble. It was fun, but not really the kayak for rapids!

As far as other people's complaints, they are obviously easy to remedy. 303 on the underside of the rubber hatch lids, and just have some deck lines added if you need more storage on top of the kayak. I also have the large spray skirt. I added some "clip-on" suspenders to hold the waist up a bit. Common sense will get you everywhere! This is much easier than just complaining about these small "issues".

All-in-all, a great kayak. I would recommend one to anyone. They are good for a beginner, to a more seasoned kayaker. I have had all shapes/sizes/ages/skill levels try out my Pungo. And, they all say the same things. How much fun it was to paddle, how easy it was to paddle, and how stable it was. Hopefully, I will get more and more people interested in this "sport".