Submitted: 11-18-2003 by M.K.

I have had my Ellesmere for about six weeks, and I can honestly say that I may never find a design that I like better. The only reason I didn't rate it a ten is that they could improve the skeg control system (but then I am very picky). I customized mine and it is fine now. I had been paddling a Seaward Endeavour, which is a very good handling boat as well, but the Ellesmere is better in many ways. I can lay completely back on the rear deck with no problem. I have not missed one roll in it yet, and I am not an expert by any means. The boat is fast, great in rought conditions, surfs well, turns beautifully, and is a breeze to roll. The seat and fit of the cockpit is unbelievable. I didn't need to do any additional padding or fit adjustments. The build quality is superb - better even than the Seaward, which surprised me because of all the great things I hear about Seaward quality. I recommend the Ellesmere highly, especially to people who like Greenland style paddling, rolling, and rough conditions.