Submitted: 11-17-2003 by khaak

Best solo tripping boat on the market, period. Hauls my gear for 7-10 day trips. Makes single portaging realistic. Handles well in chop; stays dry. Tracks smoothly; turns responsively. I use a bent shaft, and also sometimes a 270cm kayak paddle if I want to approach lift-off speeds. Great fishing platform too. I have a Wenonah tandem that is great for its purpose, but the Magic is the boat that gets my pulse up. Not really pricey when you comparison shop and consider what you're getting. Do the math: $1600 amortized over 30 years = $53 per year, and that's if you only take one trip per year! Don't think the boat will last 30 years?! With reasonable care it will go more. If you're looking for a solo, buy this boat with confidence and you'll soon brag it is one of the best things you've ever done. And lordy does it ever look good too.