Submitted: 11-14-2003 by nahachagii

Love my Tourer so far. I just got into kayaking and decided to start with a sit on top. Maybe someday I'll move up to a composite sit in. But for now, I am having a pretty good time. I purchased it a couple weeks ago and have only had the chance to go out 3 times. Once in the back bay area of Newport beach, once in the harbor, and the best and last trip so far, out along the coast of Corona Del Mar. Very nice indeed. I like the tourer cuz it's a little longer, faster than most SOT's and I'm all for that. I also like the hot design, bombproof hatches, excellent rudder, stability, and weight. With the knee straps I feel like part of my new boat, and I like that connectedness. The rudder works great for when the tides are trying to pull you elsewhere. I also feel very secure in the tourer and can't wait to get up into the High Sierras to paddle the crystal clear lakes, relaxing streams, awesome views, and do some! wilderness exploring. Initially I did a lot of research for exactly which boat I would purchase and it just seemed to me that the tourer would be the best choice for the kinds of paddling I like to do. I don't think I'll be doing much fishing but I hear many fisherman like the tourer for it's stability. I'm more of a touring kind of guy in search of tranquil locations, but I know I'm going to like the excitement of going out on the ocean for a little rock an roll time. This last surf launch, and landing were a snap and I look forward to quite a few more wave rides in the near future even though it's not considered a surf ski by any means, ha! Well, guess I've said enough for now, but I will say if you can spring the 1200 bucks for this baby, it's one heck of a good choice. Happy paddling!

Aqua-Bound: