Submitted: 11-13-2003 by mysterick

My Explorer is brand new and I have only had the opportunity to paddle once for about an hour. The boat is a beauty. I am a bit disappointed with the finish in the area of the caulking around the bulkheads and deckline mountings; kind of gloppy/sloppy and over applied. However, the boat paddles very nicely and looks great. The high point might be the very comfortable seat. I had just gone through a period of suffering with a herniated disc in the lumbar region, but really "needed" to get this new boat on the water, albeit being concerned about my back. I found the seat to be exceptionally user friendly, allowing me to lean way back onto the rear deck. I'm not sure about the foam block on which it is mounted. I'm afraid I will need to wait until spring (2004) to complete my remarks. The company was easy to deal with, but not exactly accurate on delivery time. No big deal for me, but add a couple weeks if you need your boat for a special trip. More on this boat in the spring!

Harken Hoister: