Submitted: 11-11-2003 by AG

I am giving this boat an 8 because no boat can meet the needs of every boater. When someone comes out with that boat it will be a 10. But this is impossible.

This boat fits the needs of at least 95% of paddlers by doing the following things very well. It is fast, it turns great, it is very comfortable and it is a good value.

I am saying all this for the purpose for which it is designed, FLAT WATER. This is not a coastal boat that can handle large swells and surf. On flat water there is not another boat like it that I know of.

There is no rocker at all in this boat. The chines are almost 90 degrees and it has a couple of keel features that help it track. The seat is about 2 feet further aft than other boats and the widest part of the boat is much further aft than most boats. The bow has a very sharp entry with a relatively low volume.

The quality of the fit and finish is unmatched. The seat is one of the best I have seen, the rudder (not needed), foot pegs and hatch covers are all great also. I could stay in this boat all day and I am 5'10", 190lbs.

The people at Liquid Logic offer a great customer service. They are quick to provide advice and help. This means a lot to us students of the sport.

If you go to a demo please try this boat. Try to resist the marketing scam and buy a boat that fits your needs. You may find that this is the only choice.