Submitted: 09-14-1999 by Drupa

Sold my Pirouette and purchased the Godzilla. I wanted a bit more play without sacrificing the ability to run big water. With 9 less gallons than the P, the Godzilla comes in at a middle of the road 60 gallons. It is also about two feet shorter than my Pirouette. The Godzilla incorporates a planing hull and is an aggressive surfer. The outfitting is superb (although the integrated back support didn't cut it - I installed a back band). The Godzilla is marketed as a larger paddler's boat but it doesn't feel "chunky". At 5'11 / 185#, I feel just snug enough in this boat. It has ample leg room but doesn't feel loose. The Godzilla's measurements are comparable to a Perception Whiplash. The bow volume is perfect for surfing but initiates easily for play moves. The boat also rolls easily (more so than the Pirouette I had).

This is definitely the boat for folks who don't want to buy into kayaking as a purely rodeo sport. This boat allows MUCH more utility than the park and play boats found everywhere. This boat gives you BIG options. You can play hard at the hole, then run boiling rapids down river. A nice, well made boat.