Submitted: 10-24-2003 by kayakangler

I've had my Scupper Pro TW for 5 months and am pleased with it. It has exceptional stable, both initial and secondary. It has loads of storage capacity with a large forward hatch and a huge tankwell behind the pilots seat. The boat is tricked out nicely and the workmanship is superb. At 55 lbs. it is easy to carry, just grab the seat coaming and slip a couple of fingers in the footwell scupper. It balances well carried this way. A lot of people say they don't fit in the cockpit. I'm 6'2" and around 200 lbs. the boat fits me very well. I like the feeling of sitting inside the boat rather than on top of it. I use an OK Comfort Pro seat and I feel like the boat is more responsive to my movements. It turns very well with a lean and hip contact (thanks to the seat) makes leaning the boat easier. Initially I had trouble keeping the boat on a straight course. This was mostly due to adjusting my paddling style to this boat (I previously paddled a Malibu 2 solo)the beam is only 26" whereas my Malibu had a beam of 34". The boat now tracks very well with few corrective strokes needed. The Scupper Pro is reasonably fast and has decent glide. The Scupper Pro is a great all around boat, suitable for a variety of water conditions from flat freshwater to rolling ocean. I've even surfed this boat and it is great fun. If you are looking for a longer sit on top that's stable, easy to paddle, hauls a alot of gear, and handles a variety of water conditions you won't have to look much further than Ocean Kayak's Scupper Pro.