Submitted: 10-15-2003 by Cliff

Just put my new Pungo 140 in flat water for first time. Though paddling in light wind on an open body of water, it handled well. Tracking was good yet maneuverability was good, as well. I was well-pleased with the stability in the wind and light chop.

Though I'm a newbie, I think this boat is a good "all purpose" kayak, offering many of the benefits of both a recreational kayak and a touring kayak.

It fits my 6'1'' frame well with room left for the foot pegs to be extended even further than they are.

The Phase 3 seating is comfortable though I imagine that the back pad might need to come off during strenuous paddling. I understand that some paddlers say that the Phase backpad rubs their back uncomfortably during a long, hard workout. However, as a recreational paddler, I have not been too concerned about this.

I agree with the majority of posts for this boat. It is a great, economical, entry-level boat. Though I'm still in the early stages, I am really pleased with the purchase and would be glad to make a recommendation to others starting out.