Submitted: 10-06-2003 by Steve

I've written several reviews on the Tarpon, but last week I took it to Kentucky Lake. This is a huge lake and the wind was blowing at around twenty or possibly more... The average waves were at least a foot to one and a half feet in height. More often, they increased past two feet and I think a couple of times hit three feet. To you ocean yakkers, that's no big deal, but to us flat water river paddlers, them there's pretty high waves. The trough was narrow and I'd be coming off one wave as the nose plowed into or under the next one. I was amazed at how well the Tarpon handled the rough water. It still maintained pretty good hull speed, and was easy to navigate. A few times, I thought I was a goner as the boat leaned in the high wind and rough water...but those multichines kicked in and saved me. I'm exceptionally pleased with this boat. My other yaks don't hold a candle to it. I'm getting a Surf-2-Summit seat for my old back, and a little lighter boat would be nice, but I love this boat!