Submitted: 09-22-2003 by L.M.

I purchased a carbon fiber Prosperter two years ago. I love the way the boat flys and handles. But this summer a little mar in the gel coat turned into big chips of coating coming off, leaving the carbon fiber material exposed. I met another person coming off the water who had the exact same problem. And it happened in the stern so it wasn't from running the boat up onto shore which I am very careful not to do. It looks like the gel coat did not adhere to the material. I haven't attempted to get it repaired yet but I am concerned from what I hear about Langford's lack of service. The other person with the same problem met a stone wall from Langford and repaired it herself. I paid $3500 for the canoe, wanting to go top of the line and least weight!!! Also the thing with the false weight claims is true as I weighted mine when I got it home and it was about 5 or 6 lbs. over what they told me it would be. Any advice as to how to get them to repair it or replace it, I would love to hear from you.....