Submitted: 09-19-2003 by Holmes375
I'm using a 215cm Kauai and wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China. I paddle a Crossover, (25"), and a Seayak, (23"). The Kauai catches very naturally for my stroke style. Rolls seem easier also as this blade design really grabs the water. Additionally, it orients for me quicker when setting up the paddle for a roll.

Joint is tight with very little play. I'm not easy on paddles and this one is certainly holding it's own. This is my third Werner and I remain impressed with regard to quality vs. investment. I've noticed no change in muscle fatigue or joint discomfort even though this paddle is rather aggressive. I'd like to try a Molokai sometime and see if I'm tough enough!

The Kauai is a paddle that anyone who prefers a higher active stroke will enjoy. It really performs in rough water and I use it when river running the Crossover in Class III conditions. In my experience, the Kauai is the best all around paddle. I'd definitely buy one again.

Thunder Bay Tourism: