Submitted: 09-15-2003 by SDW

This boat was exactly what I needed. I moved into an apartment in Chicago on Lake Michigan and wanted something stowable, easily set up, and sturdy enough to put on the Lake. This boat has met all my criteria, plus I could take it touring for weeks configured as a solo.

As a solo, a paddler can stow a significant amount of gear. As a double there is space in back for a backpack. This is a wet boat because of the low sides and no spray deck. So a wetsuit is recommended for chilly water. I've had it swamped trying to surf it. Because it doesn't have bail holes I used a pump to bail it. It won't sink when full of water, but will be very slow, so I would not recommend it for surfing.

It takes me about 15 minutes to set up. If I didn't always attach the skeg, it would only take me 5 minutes. Adjusting the seating arrangment will add another 5 minutes. I keep this boat in the trunk of my car or in my aparmtment. It folds down into it's own backpack. I put a paddle and PFD in a seperate bag with other accessories.