Submitted: 09-11-2003 by coyoteequip

Have had the SARIS racks on my civic for 3 years now. Yes they are extremely easy to put on and take off. The integrated locking system works fine on my car. The units also look much sleeker than either Yakima's or Thule's, and the crossbars are bombproof. Set up with 2 fork mount bike carriers and kayak saddles now, I've had ladders, lumber , piping and various other accoutrements lashed to this thing with no worries in the past. Some whistling at speeds over 40 mph but a little electrical tape has taken care of most of that. I like the capability of mounting a variety of accessories using standard stainless carriage bolts that I can pick up in a hardware store. Have easily adapted Yakima's LANDSHARK saddles for use in this manner (yes I have a plastic boat). The weather has taken it's toll over the years though and the plastic and exposed metal (on the fork mount skewers) has begun to lose it's finish or rust. So far nothing that a little sandpaper or 303 shouldn't be able to handle.