Submitted: 09-05-2003 by ivanderberg
I have owned a Telkwa Sport for two years now and love it. The boat is very well built and the craftsmanship is excellent. My only regret is that I got a dark gel coat colour which tends to show scratches more easily. Though my kevlar boat may not be the lightest out there it is well built. I have even used it for guiding here in the Maritimes which are know for their granite beaches. This kayak has excellent lines to it and edges nicely. I have no problem with turning in a strong wind without the rudder. In fact I rarely use the rudder at all. For a Kayak of this length the Telkwa Sport is very maneurable and very fast. Cargo space is similar to a Cadillac's trunk. I have no problem with space. The Telkwa Sport is also well suited to people of many sizes. I am 5'11" and 210 lbs. I thought this Kayak would be small for me but it fits like a glove. Comfort with Nimbus is not an issue. They make the most comfortable Kayaks out there. My only suggestion is to add some high density foam as required in the cockpit to assist in rolls. Nimbus is a small company and here on the east coast of Canada very hard to get, but they are well worth it! As to quality my wife had a freak accident with her Kevlar Telkwa. In fact her boat was smashed into by a large green dumpster. It sustained very little damage and dented the dumpster.